Sign Up To Receive a Tip Every Tuesday in Your Inbox
Tip Tuesday – Clutter-Free Gifts for Mom
Mother’s Day is nearly here and truly, ANY day is a good time to honor the mother figure in your life. But don’t burden her with something she won’t use! Here are some clutter-free gift suggestions for your beloved Mom.
- Purchase her theater, dance performance or concert tickets.
- Take her for a posh afternoon enjoying High Tea.
- Give her beautiful yarn so that she can make things to give away.
- Perhaps jigsaw puzzles, crosswords or sudoku books will thrill her?
- Or the fun Finders Seekers is a “mystery adventure” to do at home – based on places she has traveled to.
- Call her weekly so that she can count on hearing your voice.
- If she lives local to you, take her out for lunch once a month.
- If she is farther away, plan a visit with her at least once a year.
- Take the time to write her a letter and let her know just what she means to you and how she has inspired and shaped you. Whether it’s on fancy stationery or scribbled on scrap paper, this effort will mean the world to her.
- Storyworth is a great service that asks her a question about her life via email weekly. After a year, Storyworth puts together a personalized hardcover book with all of her answers.
- Give her a journal that prompts her with questions to answer and only takes five minutes a day. Or this five-year journal is my personal favorite.
- Find a local photographer and book a professional family photo shoot.
- Memorialize a favorite family recipe with a custom cutting board that displays it in her handwriting.
- Create a custom photo book of a family vacation or special event.
- Find her favorite locally-owned restaurant and give her a gift certificate to treat herself and her friends,
- Get her car expertly detailed or give her coupons for a local car washing service if she takes pride in her ride.
- If she’s like me and doesn’t love to cook, give her a month of meals delivered by a service where all you have to do is microwave!
- Paper flowers never die. Check out this Etsy site or, for higher-end, go to Unwilted for their Italian crepe paper creations.
- A plant is a long lasting thing that can remind her of you every day. And this simple hydration monitor makes keeping it healthy foolproof.
- Treat her to a designer lipstick that she would never buy for herself.
- Or splurge on the pricey lotions, serums or creams she would adore.
- A generous donation in her name to a charity that she supports would be a wonderful gesture that I am sure she would appreciate!
Finally, I encourage you to give with INTENTION. Don’t just buy a gift that ends up being clutter. She won’t donate it because you gave it to her. Give her something that you know she will use and enjoy!
Do you have clutter-free gift suggestions of your own? Let me know by replying, and join my vibrant FB community for more useful organizing and lifestyle ideas!
I only recommend products I would use myself. This post contains some affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a small commission at NO cost to you. Thanks!